Farms of Tuolumne County
Farms of Tuolumne County (FOTC) is a non-profit (501(c)5) whose goal is to promote local agriculture through marketing and education. FOTC strives to bring farmers, ranchers, community organizations and residents together for the support and growth of agriculture, agri-tourism, and preservation of open space in Tuolumne County.
The following are objectives of Farms of Tuolumne County:
- Develop expanded demand for locally grown and processed foods and for other locally grown products.
- Create and promote a sustainable local food system.
- Enhance and increase economic development and stability in Tuolumne County.
- Expand agritourism in the County.
- Create awareness of the value and diversity of the County’s agriculture and its agricultural heritage.
Farms of Tuolumne County is a nonprofit, membership organization.
What we do
- Expand and develop marketing opportunities for farmers and ranchers by establishing direct connections with community members, grocers, restaurants, and other retail outlets
- Provide logo, banners, stickers, and other marketing tools to identify Farms of Tuolumne County producers
- Create and maintain member catalog with map
- Maintain and update the Farms of Tuolumne County website to continually promote farmers and ranchers in Tuolumne County and serve as a resource for community members interested in buying local food
- Promote and expand agritourism which includes the FOTC Annual Farm and Ranch Tour
- Promote Farms of Tuolumne County agriculture at fairs and community events
- Provide informational materials for community members and the media
- Help educate consumers on benefits of buying local
- Educate through sponsored seminars on various topics of interest that enhance agriculture in Tuolumne County
- Annual Farm and Ranch Tour educates and brings awareness of agriculture as well as enabling FOTC to assist high school agriculture programs in Tuolumne County
- Advocate for agriculture when appropriate at County meetings